We all know how beneficial and indispensable vitamins are in the body. Moreso, humans at some point in time, also need to have direct access to certain vitamins and supplements when necessary. For instance, after an exhausting sporting session or a case of nutrient deficiency, it would be most recommended to have an IV vitamin infusion. For this reason, among many others, the benefits of IV vitamin therapy cannot be overemphasized.
However, to efficiently ensure that the IV vitamin infusion is done correctly, it must be administered by the right personnel and in the right environment. To restore and improve the health and vitality of one’s body, it’s advisable to support immunity by backing it up with nutrients and vitamins.
What Is IV Vitamin Therapy?
IV vitamin therapy, also known as intravenous therapy, is a medical process that entails the infusion and administration of essential vitamins, fluids, and supplements directly into the bloodstream of a patient.
Most patients opt for an IV infusion because of the rapid and effective results. The contents of an IV vitamin bag include vitamins, saline solution, antioxidants, minerals, calcium, magnesium, zinc, antibiotics, and other supplements.
Naturally, patients suffering from dehydration or fluid deficiency, usually occurring after intense activities like sporting events, exercise, and excessive drinking, are advised to have IV vitamin therapy. This is because fluid is expelled from the body in large quantities which leads to dehydration and loss of nutrients.
It is also recommended for patients meaning to simply revitalize and maintain their body’s immune system.
How Can IV Vitamin Therapy Help?
IV vitamin therapy is known to significantly improve the overall well-being of patients after administration. The benefits of an infusion range from:
- Restoring and replenishing lost nutrients.
- Stress alleviation
- Increased brain function
- Promotes healthier skin and hair, among other benefits
Who Can Administer IV Vitamin Therapy?
The administration of IV therapy should and must be done by a medical physician, a registered nurse (RN) like an LPN (licensed practical nurse), an IV therapist, a resident doctor, or an anesthesiologist.
How Long Do IV Vitamin Therapy Sessions Last?
An IV vitamin therapy session usually lasts for about 40 minutes to an hour. Most patients feel results immediately because nutrients are being infused directly into the bloodstream. But everyone’s metabolism works at a different pace. Some patients may see results immediately, while others take a few days to reap the full benefits.
How Does The Infusion Process Work?
Most IV vitamin infusions follow a fairly standard procedure:
- First and foremost, it must be done in a certified medical institution with registered physicians or nurses.
- You may be asked to disclose your medical history.
- The infusion starts when an IV drip bag is connected to a needle that is inserted into the infusion site – the vein.
- After the process has been completed successfully, the IV administrator must carefully take out the needle, clean the infusion site to avoid complications, and bandage properly.
Responsibilities Of An IV Vitamin Administrator
The responsibilities of such IV administrator include:
- Inserting the IV vitamin infusion.
- Ensuring that materials and tools required for the infusion session are properly sterilized and intact.
- Checking out the IV site while looking out for complications that may arise like an infection, phlebitis, extravasation, infiltration, or even a hemorrhage.
- Ensuring that the IV bag is hung and primed properly.
- Ensuring that the infusion process is carried out properly and effectively. This includes calculating the correct IV rates and making use of the primary and secondary IV tubes when necessary.
- To make sure that this process is carried out only under the ease and comfort of the patient.
- To ensure that the procedure is performed while being thoroughly hygienic.
An IV administrator, otherwise known as a medical physician or an RN( registered nurse) administers the therapy. From supporting your body’s immune system, to providing the necessary vitamins and nutrients it needs, IV vitamin therapy can be seen to be a lifesaver. As earlier stated, the benefits of IV vitamin therapy cannot be overemphasized.
Now we know how draining it can be to keep up with various activities in our everyday lifestyle. Fortunately, with the introduction of IV vitamin therapy, having a strenuous lifestyle shouldn’t diminish your health nor your overall wellbeing.
At Ignite Orthopaedic & Wellness Clinic, and with our team of highly qualified staff, we believe that we can help you get back on track and work towards maintaining a healthy body, and you can trust us to prioritize your health and wellness.